Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Deposit

A Saudi folk tale
Translated by : Fateh Kassab


© 2010-2015 Ali Taha Alnobani rights reserved



Once upon a time there was a wise Sheikh of a tribe "leader of the tribe"
, who had no grown up children to succeed him after his death. As he grew older and weakened by disease, he called his son, his brother and his family. His son was too young to become a Sheik, so he said to his brother:
"You know my brother that my son is still young, and I want you to be the Sheikh after me. When my son grows up and becomes a real brave and wise man, return him his position and be supportive to enable him rule the tribe."
Days passed, and the Sheik died. His brother became the Sheikh of his tribe. Years passed and his nephew became an adult man. He waited for a long time, but his uncle didn't return him leadership, as his father willed before his death.His uncle did not do anything, as if he forgot it completely.
The young man said to himself:
"What is my uncle waiting for? I will go and ask him, to return me what is mine."
He went to his uncle and said to him:
"Do not you remember uncle that my father left me a deposit with you?"
His uncle said: "Yes, I remember very well."
The young man said:
"What prevents you from returning it to me?"
 His uncle smiled and said to his nephew quietly:
"I will not return it to you, unless you answer three questions."
The young man said:
 "Ask whatever you want."
His uncle said:
"If two men disagreed; one of them is wise and generous and the other is nasty and despicable; and came to you, how would you solve the disagreement?"
The young man said:
"I take from the wise, and give the despicable man until he is pleased."
 His uncle said:
 "If the two men were despicable, how would you act?"
The young man said:
"I give them from my money until they get pleased, and I end the feud and disagreement between them."
Then his uncle said:
"If two men were wise, what would you do?"
The young man said:
"Such men will not come to me, because if there is any disagreement between them they will solve it before anyone knew."
When his uncle heard his answers, he said
"You proved your wisdom and ability to rule the tribe. You deserve to be a sheikh of the tribe, may Allah (God) bless you, my son, and make you a  faithful servant to your family and your tribe." 


News 
My Other Half 

Read also

Fork, Knife and Pen  

A Zionist Friend!

The Tale of the Enchanted Handkerchief

Fatoom, the Daughter of the Beggars

The Shroud Thief

The Three Lovers

The island of prince “Khalis"

The kack Story

The Deposit

Advice is Worth a Camel

Consultation

"Put in the pannier"

Friendship

A competition

The Woman and the Mud Toy

Friends

The Chicken Eagle

The Child Woman

Ali's Camel

Jokes

Living Crutches

The shiny piaster

Honor Crime

Children of Yemen

Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine

I took a photo for Jupiter during Lunar eclipse 2018

Good and evil terrorism!

Hunger Games in the Middle East

Believers kill non-believers even if they are their parents!

Drive out evil from our world!

Anti-terrorism, loud thinking

Mentality of the terrorist

Terrorism everywhere

A world without conscience

America and ISIS

Mission Impossible

Disappointed call

No comments:

Post a Comment