Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Zionist Friend!

Story By: Ali Taha Alnobani
Translated by: Fateh Kassab
© 2010-2015 Ali Taha Alnobani rights reserved

   I never imagined that one day I will have a Zionist friend even if it's online. How did I make such a mistake?  How would I approve of the humanity of someone who doesn't approve of mine? How can I forget this enormous number of crimes that are broadcast publicly on satellite TV? And how will I justify it to my friends; the rightists will accuse me of betrayal, and the leftists will accuse me of treason and normalization with the enemy. Yes, I gave them this golden opportunity on a platter of gold because of my audacity and slapdash reaction. Me! The careful one who used to count to hundred before taking a single step!
Again, the circumstances are conspiring against me; I made this mistake in a critical time, few moments before I left for the damned trip. I was adding the largest possible number of friends on a social website in order to mobilize pro-democracy and human rights, and while I was pressing the button of friendship requests automatically and sequentially; I discovered that I had sent a friend request to someone who wrote his name next to his image in Hebrew ... Yes, in Hebrew; next to his status was the flag of the Zionist entity; the flag which combines all the opposites: the color blue, which I love very much, and the memory of blood, carnages, and deportation. The Star of David, that reminds me of my childhood when a lot of people carried amulets decorated with this star because they thought that it was a blessing symbol.

Believe me Sa'eed, I did not pay attention. It happened by mistake. I fell in deep thought thinking about the feasibility of what I do. I wondered: Are there values ​​and morals that control the world? Is it ruled by the desires of the criminals and the greedy and the closed horizons of darkness? I did not see a proof to support the hypothesis of supreme ideals; the State of evil lasted for centuries; but the state of the good lasted for hours. Why should I run eagerly towards the light while grievances keep on pulling me back?

       I regretted a lot and said to myself, he will reject my friendship request and disburden me the consequences of his appearance in the list of my friends.

       Today, before I left home, I had twenty minutes to check it out; unfortunately I found his image among the list of my friends. I tried to cancel his friendship, but I did not know how to do it in this damned website. It is different from other social websites; its complexities need a special skill to deal with. And when I received your call, I left for the trip very upset.

Sa'eed was looking out of the window of the bus toward the distant horizon: "Beyond this desert, a friend of my new friend is sitting in house built above the ruins of my house, and the key that my father keeps for decades has become an icon for the virtual meetings that did not happen, like your virtual meetings, Ahmad! All those whom I was supposed to live among in Haifa[i] , and be my neighbors, relatives and friends grew up with other men and women, in worlds extending from the shantytowns to the palaces of the Arabian Nights. Their heights and weights changed depending on new space and time made by a friend of my new friend, who scattered papers at this very time to make me live in the palaces of confusion and loss, and to compare my short life with the time and the maze of days.
 All of those places that were supposed to shape me and I was supposed to shape them, and to fill me with excitement and fill them with memories and songs, and be a core pillar and ring of their existence are now a space for outsiders who do not understand their language and pulse; and do not know how many of the stories sent their curses on them from an ancient profound depths of knowledge that became Gods and sang: 'O my children, sing with us:  Yuya  Yuya, Palestine is my mother ... Yuya ...[ii]
Ahmed patted on Sa'eed's shoulder, and looked around in apprehension: What's up Sa'eed? Will you say any word to relief me?
Sa'eed said, while rubbing his nose with his finger tip: "Don't worry. When we arrive we will cancel this friendship and things will be just fine". Ahmed looked at him while murmuring: "Yes, even if I had to cancel my account on that website".
Sa'eed fell in a deep thought again:" They lived here among us for thousands of years, oh God! My humanity can not endure all this hostility, how can they endure it? Aren't they human beings with souls, mouths and eyes? Don't they hurt for seeing blood and wailing? Didn't they see Muhammad al-Durrah [iii], with his tiny body, trembling behind the iron barrel till his voice left to the memory of eternal hostility to flame curses of an endless time of war and destruction? Didn't they listen to the screams of Huda Ghalia[iv] when she choked with maize grains after hearing the last breaths of her family?

Ahmed said- while Sa'eed was drying his cheek as he looked out the window-:" We have arrived, let's end this problem before it gets worse."
They hurried to the nearest Internet café; it is too urgent matter to do it at home. Ahmed logged into his account and started a search for his Zionist friend. Then he shouted "Sa'eed!"

- What's the matter? said Sa'eed.
- He deleted me from the list of his friends



[i]  Haifa is a Palestinian city occupied by Israel in 1948. Most of its Arab citizens were deported by Israelis to the nearing Arab countries and the rest of the world.    
  Yuya : is a famous  Palestinian Folklore first sang among Palestinian refugees to express their agony.   [ii]
[iii]  Muhammad al-Durrah: is a Palestinian child whose killing by Israeli soldiers was documented by press in the west bank in Palestine in the second Intifada , you can watch on the following link : 
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUTwGnRzXos

[iv] Huda Ghalia :  a poor palastinian  child whose family was killed by Israeli bombing on Gaza beach while they were on a picnic. She was the only survivor of her family, the bombing targeted civilians and there were no military encounters to justify the bombing in that time. You can watch  on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEwEjgXTsOk



News 
My Other Half 

Read also

Fork, Knife and Pen  

A Zionist Friend!

The Tale of the Enchanted Handkerchief

Fatoom, the Daughter of the Beggars

The Shroud Thief

The Three Lovers

The island of prince “Khalis"

The kack Story

The Deposit

Advice is Worth a Camel

Consultation

"Put in the pannier"

Friendship

A competition

The Woman and the Mud Toy

Friends

The Chicken Eagle

The Child Woman

Ali's Camel

Jokes

Living Crutches

The shiny piaster

Honor Crime

Children of Yemen

Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine

I took a photo for Jupiter during Lunar eclipse 2018

Good and evil terrorism!

Hunger Games in the Middle East

Believers kill non-believers even if they are their parents!

Drive out evil from our world!

Anti-terrorism, loud thinking

Mentality of the terrorist

Terrorism everywhere

A world without conscience

America and ISIS

Mission Impossible

Disappointed call

No comments:

Post a Comment